How to Create a wish list
Create a wish list for yourself (to keep track of those books whose titles you can't ever remember when you're actually in the store!) and/or to share with friends or family. Only people who have been sent the link or who know your email address will be able to see your list. You must be signed in to our website to create a wish list or purchase from someone else’s list.
1. Create an account on this website. You must be logged in to create a wishlist or purchase from someone else's list.
2. Find a book you like using the Search feature or by browsing our lists.
3. Click on "Add to wish list" (next to the "Add to cart" button.)
4. Once you’ve added your first title, you can manage your list by going to My Account at the top of the page and clicking on Manage Wish list. From here you can click on Wish list settings to name your list (Ex. Anne’s birthday, Hannah and Greg's wedding, Mrs. Kelly's kindergarten library, etc.), set a date for it to expire, and change quantities or remove titles. Your list will be updated when someone purchases a title from it. You may make multiple wish lists and
5. To email your list to friends or family, click on "Email your wish list." Fill in a subject line and add a message.
Example: Dear friends and family, because October is the New December, I'm sending you my Wish List at my favorite indie bookstore, Newtonville Books. It's a new feature for them -- in fact, their whole website is new-- and I am super excited to have my loved ones help me support a local business this holiday season. Oh, and you can make your own Wish Lists and share them, as well. Love, Baris.
Then add 10 email addresses at a time, separated by commas, and you’re done!
School and Organization Wishlists
Schools and organizations find wish lists a handy way to hold a "book fair" or other fundraiser with us. Teachers, classrooms, pre-schools, or other groups can make a list and select the option "Do not ship" so that the books can be collected at the bookstore then picked up or delivered.