Moon Pennsylvania (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Not in the store. We can order it and should have it in store in 3-5 business days.
Visit historic battlefields, share the road with horse-drawn buggies, and explore two vibrant cities on the rise. Inside Moon Pennsylvania you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries like a 7-day spin through the best of the state, weekend trips, and tips for history buffs, families, and outdoor adventurers
- The top sights and unique experiences: Sneak a peek at the Liberty Bell and museum-hop in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Hike, camp, or show off your snowboarding skills in the Poconos, spot roaming elk in the Pennsylvania Wilds, and relax on the shores of Lake Erie. Learn about American history at Gettysburg, marvel at Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece in the Laurel Highlands, or take a horse-drawn buggy through Amish country. Find the best Philly cheesesteak, indulge in all that Hershey has to offer, and try a "Pittsburgh-style" sandwich stuffed with fries
- Suggestions for day trips from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, including Bucks County, Amish Country, Moraine and McConnells Mill State Parks, Fallingwater, and Cook Forest State Park
- Local tips from Philadelphia local Rachel Vigoda on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Thorough background information on the landscape, wildlife, climate, and local culture
- Focused coverage of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Dutch Country, the Pocono Mountains, Pittsburgh, the Alleghenies, the Lake Region, and Pennsylvania Wilds
Staying in the city? Try Moon Pittsburgh or Moon Philadelphia. Exploring more of the East Coast? Try Moon Virginia & Maryland or Moon Washington DC.
About the Author
Rachel Vigoda moved to Philadelphia as a child, when her father accepted a job as a reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, Rachel followed in his footsteps and spent years covering travel, arts and entertainment, health, and business for local newspapers and magazines. She now gets to eat her way through the state as the editor of Eater Philadelphia, where sampling soft pretzels and cheesesteaks is all in a day's work.
When she's not road tripping through Amish Country or hiking in the Poconos, Rachel daydreams about meeting penguins in Antarctica-the only continent she hasn't visited yet. This is Rachel's first book. Follow her adventures on Twitter and Instagram @rachelvigoda.