Magical History Tour #11: Slavery (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Magical History Tour series.
- #2: Magical History Tour #2: The Great Wall of China (Hardcover): $6.99
- #3: Magical History Tour #3: Hidden Oil (Hardcover): $6.99
- #7: Magical History Tour #7: Gandhi (Hardcover): $6.99
- #9: Magical History Tour #9: The Titanic (Hardcover): $6.99
- #10: Magical History Tour #10: The First Steps On The Moon (Hardcover): $6.99
- #12: Magical History Tour #12: The Samurai (Hardcover): $6.99
- #13: Magical History Tour #13: Marie Curie (Hardcover): $6.99
Modern-day kids Annie and Nico go on a magical history tour to understand one of society’s lowest points… Slavery. The right of ownership over individuals found in all major societies, exploiting masses of people and contributing to the wealth and power of privileged civilizations. From the oriental slave trade to transatlantic slave trade that pillaged Africa of its peoples and riches, Annie and Nico explain this tragic phenomenon with compassion, clarity, and the keys to how we can reconcile with history’s tragic past in this important pocket-sized book, perfect for classrooms and libraries.
About the Author
Fabrice Erre, born in 1973 in France, is an author and teacher of comics, as well as an accomplished historian. Through his comics, he seeks above all to parody human behavior, teasing out our little personal weaknesses and our vulnerability to manipulation by the masses. Most recently, putting his history background to good use, Erre has teamed up with artist Sylvain Savoia to create the series THE THREAD OF HISTORY, set on bringing the past to vivid life for younger readers.
Born in 1969, Sylvain Savoia grew up in France, and discovered comicbooks at a young age. In 1989, he registered at the Saint-Luc art school in Brussels. Savoia enjoys a prolific international career illustrating comics.
Thank you for shopping local!