DK Eyewitness Top 10 Boston (Pocket Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Immerse yourself in one of America’s oldest and most vibrant cities. Boston’s streets are packed with beautiful colonial-era buildings, world-renowned museums, verdant gardens and parks, as well as historic sites which have enshrined the city as the cradle of American history. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around Boston with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Boston into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best day trips, places to eat, shops and events.
• Ten easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
• Detailed Top 10 lists of Boston’s must-sees, including detailed breakdowns of the Freedom Trail, Museum of Science, Boston Common and Public Garden, Harvard University, Newbury Street, the Museum of Fine Arts, Trinity Church, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Charlestown Navy Yard and the New England Aquarium
• Boston’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including children’s activities, things to do for free and unmissable experiences off the beaten path
• A free laminated pull-out map of Boston featuring a subway map, plus eight color neighborhood maps
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Staying for longer and looking for a more comprehensive guide? Try our DK Eyewitness New England or DK Eyewitness USA.
About the Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world's leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House, formed on July 1, 2013. DK publishes highly visual, photographic nonfiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 87 countries and in 62 languages, with offices in Delhi, London, Melbourne, Munich, New York, and Toronto. DK's aim is to inform, enrich, and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivalled clarity to a wide range of topics with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products. Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery, and parenting. DK’s extensive children’s list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers, and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the bestselling LEGO® books. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series and Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides.
Wanderlust Travel Awards 2009 – 2014
"This [DK Eyewitness Travel: Top 10] might be the best traveling companion to throw in your pack. It's a slim and sleek overview…loaded with practical and useful content." – Gadling.com
"Known…for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option…Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer